- Download Account Lockout and Management Tools from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=18465. It appears that this link is no longer valid. The file can be located here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17657.
- Extract the files. Move or copy acctinfo.dll from to C:WindowsSysWOW64.
- Open a Command Prompt and navigate to C:WindowsSysWOW64
- Run regsvr32 acctinfo.dll.
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers in the run dialog box: dsa.msc -32
To ease access to the 32 bit Management Console, a shortcut can be created for dsa.msc -32:
- Right click the location where you would like the shortcut to appear.
- Choose new shortcut, and set the location to dsa.msc -32.
Note: When registering a 32 bit DLL, you must run the regsvr32.exe file that exists in SysWOW64. By default, running regsvr32.exe will execute the regsvr32.exe from C:WindowsSystem32. That executable is 64 bit, and will fail when trying to load a 32 bit DLL.